Sunday, February 22, 2009

There is something wistfully mysterious about the concept of worship. It seems to be such a sticky and puzzling act – trying to figure out one’s personal formula for entering into God’s presence. I’ve always thought people are positively beautiful when they worship. Sometimes I find myself distracted, watching people in their most intimate state of being. It’s incredible how someone’s rough and gruff exterior is stripped away once they shift their focus upward. Observing the unashamed vulnerability of a human being is a breathtaking experience. It’s as if love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, and self-control are etched into their physical, emotional, and spiritual expressions for a moment. If I didn’t feel like I was barging into a private meeting, I would photograph every untainted moment. How incredible would it be to capture people raw and unadulterated, unaware of their surroundings and careless of their external appearance and others’ opinions…


So... pure.

0 comments:

 
 
Copyright © the perks of being a wallflower