Facebook = Stalkbook
Storytime! Last friday I went to court (I was involved in a fender-bender a couple weeks ago) and patiently waited for the normal process to ensue. Standing amoung my raggedy-clothed and generally grungy neighbors, a sharply dressed man with an equally sharp smile looked as if an important job interview was about to take place. The hour-long process dragged on, but every chance he could get, Mr Brightandsunny would turn around and smile and unashamedly make eye contact with me. I thought nothing of it - merely a friendly young man searching for a friendly face. I would give him a half-smile and turn my attention towards the judge, praying that he would say my name and I could vacate the building immediately. After my name was called and the wrongs had been righted, I paid the fine and left the crowded building. My smiley friend was soon forgotten and life was full of poppycock and sugar cubes.
... until I signed onto facebook this morning. Hello friend request from brightandsunny man! We have absolutely no inside connections, which leads me to believe that he heard the judge call my name and wrote it down for future reference, only to act upon this knowledge and find me using the ever beloved stalkbook.
I told my mom the story, and she wisely replies.. "court probably isn't the smartest place to make friends. You might want to deny his friend request." Mmm.. wisdom must come with age.
Nice try, Alex. It was a valient effort.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
The people you meet in a court room are the people you needd to keep some semblance of a connection with for those... necessary.... times.
hahahah, wow. that is extremely stalkerish.
this made me laugh!
gotta love those courtroom connections
How ironic would it be if he read this blog entry. lol
Oh, my gosh. That is absolutely insane. You would attract a gent like that.
Post a Comment