It was 10:23 AM - early enough for a late riser stuck in an unemployed summer time schedule. The expectation of attentively following a daily morning ritual was quickly dismissed when I saw that the normal economy-sized cheerios box had been replaced. While I don't dread a bowl of cheerios to start my day, the little o's don't deliver the same perceptible zing that SPECIAL K WITH RED BERRIES do (caps intended to convey importance, not annoyance).
After the initial surprise passed, I realized that this was not merely a moment meant to nourish my hunger-stricken body, but rather a period in which my morals and character would be tested. I was instantly struck with an uncontrollable desire to save each fruity freeze dried berry from the overwhelming sea of sugary tasteless morsels. And by 'save,' I actually mean 'devour.'
With gentle prodding from above, I refused the urge and dismissed the temptation. I poured myself a normal, if somewhat uneventful, bowl of Special K with red berries.
I wonder if this is what maturity feels like?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment